Name: Carlos Peña Rachetti
Date of Birth: January 15th, 1978
Marital Status: Married.
Languages: Spanish and English. Reading and Writing in Italian and French.
Doctor in Law and Social Sciences graduated from the University of the Republic of Uruguay in 2005.
Forensic Document Examiner
Degree in Forensic Document Examination awarded by the Uruguayan Society of Forensic Documents Examiners in October 1999.
- Seminar on Criminal Law delivered by the Uruguayan Institute of Criminal Law in 1997.
- Seminar on Trusts delivered by Master Group (2004). - Seminar on Trusts delivered by the Law Firm "Estudio Ferrer Lamaison" (2004).
- Seminar on Trusts delivered by the University of Buenos Aires (2004).
- Seminar on Civil Law delivered in the Auditorium of the University of the Republic of Uruguay (UDELAR) in 2004.
- Course in Enforcement Proceedings delivered by the Catholic University of Uruguay (April to July 2006).
- Postgraduate course in Commercial Law and Commercial Companies delivered by the UDELAR (University of the Republic of Uruguay, 2007).
- Postgraduate course in securities delivered by the UDELAR (2007).
- Updating course in commercial companies delivered by the UDELAR (2008).
- Postgraduate course in Civil Liability delivered by the UDELAR (2008).
- Postgraduate course in Commercial Law and Securities delivered by the UDELAR (University of the Republic of Uruguay, 2010).
Member of Rachetti Law Firm since 2004.
-appointed by the Supreme Court of Justice, carrying out together with other Forensic Document Examiner all the documents examinations related to criminal matters within the country, as well as any other document examination related to civil matters derived from the poverty assistance office. - October 2012
– The Uruguayan Government appointed him to attend the International Congress of Document Examiners held in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Spain, organized by the International Association of Forensic Document Examiners. Its attendance was deemed of interest to the Judicial Power of Uruguay, and he was granted an official passport.
As from September 2005, he renders professional services to the Law Firm of the Lawyer, Mr. Mezzera with regard to the recovery of portfolios and assets of the "Fondo de Recuperación del Patrimonio Bancario" (Bank Asset Recovery Fund) – Banco Comercial – Banco Montevideo – Banco Caja Obrera – Thesis Uruguay S.A. Administrador de Fondos de Inversión (Investment Funds Administrator) – Legal Area.
From 2007 to December 2009, Mr. Peña Rachetti held the position of Coordinator of the legal area in the Bank Asset Recovery Fund – Banco Comercial – Banco Montevideo – Banco Caja Obrera, directing a group composed of more than 20 professionals.
As from May 2009, he has been hired for the position of lawyer entrusted to externally and legally manage asset recoveries by Banco Itau Uruguay S.A.
As from March 2010, he has been hired for the position of lawyer entrusted to externally and legally manage asset recoveries by "República Afisa" (a trust organized by the Bank of the Republic of Uruguay).
- As from October 2003, he holds the position of Secretary of the Uruguayan Society of Forensic Documents Examiners. -
March 2004 – He participated in the Trust Act Project cooperating with the Lawyer Mr. Olivera García in the research of such subject within Comparative Law.
- March 2012 – He was appointed to be part of the Penalties Board of the "Unión de Rugby del Uruguay" (Uruguay Society of Rugby), position held as of this date.